Friday, April 08, 2005

Do the same for another, Part II

I was in the supermaket a fews days after the incident described below and I only had one or two things to get. I got on line behind a couple with a whole shopping cart full of stuff.

They noticed that I had only a few items and offered to let me go ahead of them. I thanked them and they s/d to me, "Just do the same for someone else some day." Struck by the complete randomness and signifigance of the comment, I turned around and related my previous encounter with the same phrase.

I find it amazing that people want so much to pass along good in the world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lady Writer said...

I'm confused! I looked at your other blog first and was very frightened - but I sound corny saying that. Then I came here and I'm a lot better. But I love this place. Will visit more often!

Lolita

2:38 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Hi there. Sure you can post a poem with link-back. thanks for asking!
peace- G.D.

6:21 AM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

I am frequently amazed at how many more GOOD people there are in the world than BAD people. You only hear more about the bad ones. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back to visit yours.

3:23 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again."
Og Mandino, The Greatest Miracle in the World

4:54 AM  
Blogger Huda Ba'haroon said...

Just want to share a quote on kindness : "I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mandolin said...

Now I understand how you ended up on my site. Thank you for the comment, I'll do the same to someone else.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home