Monday, April 18, 2005

Little things...

Even small things mean a lot some times:

Anvilcloud said...
When I got stuck in a rural snowbank tis winter, I appreciated the lift that snowmibillers gave me. I won't be able to reciprocate in kind but in spirit.

Sojourning Crow said...
When I totalled my car a complete stranger stopped to flare and flag cars around it and me. I never got his name and he left without me being able to thank him.

Towards the end of a long-term relationship my ex- and I were very much estranged from eachother. One day I was doing the dishes and she just came up behind me, put her arms around me and squeezed. My heart melted. It was the smallest thing that meant so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Last night, my daughter discovered she'd been scheduled to work today. She had specifically requested that she only be scheduled only on weekdays when her friend was working, because this friend is her ride to work. I called a woman who used to attend my church. I barely know this woman, but she had kindly responded to my plea for help to drive my son to and from school back in January, while his father was on vacation for two weeks. She not only provided transportation, but was just delightful to him and they became quite friendly. She even dropped a note off at his school recently, for the principal to pass along to him. Very sweet. She quickly agreed to drive drive my daughter to work. (Her father didn't want to be so inconvenienced, but that's another story...) I frequently find myself amazed at the kindness of relative strangers.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home