Thursday, May 05, 2005

Something more.

I came across this woman's blog today and it spoke to me. The blog's description reads, "My husband and I own and manage a vineyard and walnut ranch in the sierra foothills of California. This was a long time retirement dream of ours. We have one daughter, and three beautiful grandchildren. Our son is deceased but still lives in our hearts and spirit. I was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS).I am now starting my second challenge and considering making it official..."

Her entry for today is as follows:

My Bronze Medal!!
I have successfully achieved a bronze medal in the Presidential challenge. I am so proud of myself. I am now eligible to move on from the blf cadet , to the bfl top guns. WoooHooo! What a hoot. It is stuff like this that makes my struggle with M.S. take a back seat...


Kind of gives me a perspective of how people deal in difficult times and what I can do when I face them; and also what people are capable of accomplishing. there is also the example of personal strength and determination indicative of the human spirit that nothing else seems to define.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. You have a very interesting one yourself. I'll be back again.

Keep writing. It's good for the soul!

Soh

1:13 PM  
Blogger Footprint said...

hope to see you soon!!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lady Writer said...

My best friend was diagnosed with cancer some years back. She's always been a very quiet, shy and retiring type of girl.

I saw her become a husk of a human being. And it makee me think; behind her "softness" is determination of steel. Makes me love her more every time I see her.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

I once dated a bery nice girl who later died of MS. We all need to reminded of these things, sometimes.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Footprint said...

SOH: Thanks. you do as well. it's quite unique.

LOLA: thank you for sharing that...

ADREEYIN: it's amazing how the within is what we have left when the bicycle we know as the body is no longer useful. thank you for sharing...

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home