Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Helping Hand to a Stranger

I travelled this weekend. I met two people on the plane. One was a girl going to Cali to start a job iwth Yahoo. The other was a Manager of Operations for a large electrical company.
He has a daughter who has just accepted an internship in Australia for jounralism. She will be spending a few weeks in Vienna and requested time in Bosnia. Being her father he was very concerned. Her name is Katie.
Being unfamiliar with the airport I was going to he waited til I got off the plane, waited while I bought some breathmints (I was going to see my crush), and showed me exactly where to go to meet her.
He was a stranger, who didn't have to do that at all for some guy he just met on a plane. He was very nice and I want to thank, John P. for his help.

5 Comments:

Blogger -G.D. said...

That's a nice story. Good inspiration to start my day...better than a light n' sweet for sure.

7:26 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

or is it sweet n' light....man, I'm just not "with it". Maybe you can help...you seem to be the "it" man. ;-)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Footprint said...

It's light 'n sweet and EVERYBODY i know drinks it that way. So nnnyeeaa...
yea, i was touched by this man and his blatant willingness to help.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

every once in awhile you meet a person with depth and kindness.

Nice post

BTW I am working up girl sitchiation post.

take care

3:00 PM  
Blogger Bernadette Merikle said...

chance encounters of the right kind always happen when we leave the paid suspicious activity to others. Secure that we have been frisked, scrutinized, once (and twice) overed by every last person in the airport before getting on the plane, we are left with nothing. Nothing but trust to just be and let be. I love plane travel just for that. Happy strangerness.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home